You will be able to read elsewhere on the Zone about the improvement works taking place over the next six weekends to increase security at the staff entrances to Marischal College on Queen Street and Littlejohn Street. Arrangements at the Town House are also under review.
However, it bears repeating that whatever the building you work in it is vitally important to maintain its security and we all have a role to play in this. Given the absence of physical security on some of the entrances to our premises, your vigilance when entering, working in or leaving a building is crucial. We can all do our bit by following a few simple steps:
- when entering or exiting any building, ensure that security doors are firmly closed and secured behind you;
- do not allow anyone to “tailgate” behind you into a building which has security doors controlled by either ID Badge or fob;
- in buildings which do not have security doors, anyone not displaying a valid ACC ID Badge and attempting to enter our buildings, should be directed to the building reception, where if they have a valid reason for accessing the building, they can sign in as a visitor;
- politely challenge anyone not displaying a valid ACC ID badge, regardless of who they are. This includes staff who may have forgotten their ID Badge. They too should be directed to reception where they can be issued with a Temporary Staff ID Badge;
- if you witness suspicious behaviour in or around any of our buildings, immediately inform your line manager or in an emergency, call 999;
- look out for suspicious packages and if you discover anything of concern, immediately inform your line manager or in an emergency, call 999.